Tagged: OnePlus one Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Most of the amazing photos you see on this blog are clicked using this amazing handset..the oneplus one. 👍💯
Writing this blog post from OnePlus One..
Q. Why buy OnePlus One when affordable Android One with regular updates from Google is available?
A. There are plenty of points and I will summarize them in short.
1. The best screen – this handset comes with full HD display and importantly, it has tough gorilla glass preventing scratches from getting on your phone. The Android One currently does not have any kind of tough glass but manufacturers pack in screen guard to create an impression of providing some kind of protection. I hate that. IMHO it is kind of sin to sell handsets without gorilla glass in India.
2. Plenty of RAM – yeah, it is 3 GB RAM, much like current flagships. The more, the merrier.
3. The OS – OnePlus one comes with Cyanogenmod 11S, which is android kitkat 4.4.4 running with Cyanogenmod add-ons like themes, privacy guard, and sends updates more frequently then Google. It is a geek joy to use this os and try out customizations and tweaks. Android One too comes with stock android with guaranteed updates for 2 years, but after using nexus devices for 2 years, I must say, there are plenty of things missing, like – rooting phone nullifies your device warranty etc
4. Storage – 64 GB storage.. Yeah one cannot ask for more. 🙂
5. Camera and processor – compared to Android one 5 mp Camera, OnePlus one packs in high quality 13 mp Sony sensor powered camera delivering razor sharp details and ability to capture 4K videos. The qualcomm 801 chipset has more capability then
Mediatek chipsets powering the Android one.
6. Sensors – the Android one devices come with plenty of sensors for handset that is supposed to be very entry level, and this is very good. More then 90% handsets in India, barring the flagship, don’t have ecompass aka magneto meter sensor. Android one provided it thus making user experience very good, esp when using applications like Google maps etc.
So, what should be the best android device an average customer should buy?
1. For 6.5k, Android one is the best handset you can get and if google/oem provides some goodies like gorilla glass, somewhat better camera, then there is no looking back (ps – I have used spice dream uno ie android one phone)
2. If you have money (and invite) then buy the flagship killer as soon as you can 😀
(note – typing this from SwiftKey keyboard and many spellings and Grammer is selected automatically)18.484988 73.854674