5 reasons for avoiding satellite TV services in India esp Dish TV
1. Dish TV is a utter crap service handled by a couple of jerks. Their STB’s (set top boxes) are manufactured in China and are of very inferior quality. One of our boxes has gone on a ride
2. Their service is very bad. I dont know any other company which dosent provide TV services even after paying the alloted rent.
3. The dealer and the company have got different opinion about the schemes and number of channel subscription.
4. The movies on demand are of utter crap quality. They are mostly unwatched B or C grade Hindi movies which were thrown out of theaters in the 1 week itself.
5. The customer care is handled by half paid blokes. One of them asked me to do a MASTER RESET and discovered that there is a ‘problem’ in their STB. Whoa….Its like formatting the disk and trying to find the stored data in there…and then saying ‘Oh, there might be a lil’ bug’.
One positive thing about Dish TV is that free-to-air channels can be viewed on the STB, even if monthly rent isent paid on time(this can change soon). However, I dont need to clarify about the media quality of free-to-air channels. Its unspeakable.
I think the TRAI has lost a chance to earn more bribe by leaving out the TV section. Pathetic dogs.