Google AJAX Search API (Beta)
Each time I used to log in my Google personalized page, I just couldent used to stop me from wondering – ‘Can I add these rich apps on my blogs too??’
The Google AJAX Search API is designed to make it easier for webmasters and developers to do two things:
- Add a dynamic search box to your site that includes Google Web, Video, News, Maps, and Blog search results.
- Build powerful web apps on top of Google search.
The Google AJAX Search API provides simple web objects that perform inline searches over a number of Google services (Web Search, Local Search, Video Search, Blog Search, and News Search). If your web page is designed to help users create content (e.g. message boards, blogs, etc.), the API is designed to support these activities by allowing them to copy search results directly into their messages.
Long live Web 2.0
There are several reasons for Google to make use of AJAX apps.
1. AJAX apps are very useful in distributed computer systems, where local environment differs from every device. No need of an extra plugin. All programs are run within the browser itself. It adds to some extra security(sort of..)
2. Its very easy to write completely functional apps with local enhancements that can run easyly on demand.
3. The execution and response time of these AJAX apps is very less, thus enhancing productivity.
5. And finally, people like apps that are fast, attractive and work without major trouble and headache. Not many people like to install a Java/Macromedia plugin. This does count at the end of the day.
Thus this is the small step towards Google OS.
Wait and watch..more will follow shortly.